This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

She knows you better than you know yourself, drives you up a wall sometimes, is probably a mind reader, and is your very best friend. She’s your mom. And you should probably literally drop everything and call her right now, and tell her how much you love her.

Because, let’s be real, we don’t tell our mom’s how much we care and how thankful we are for them often enough. They’ve been through it all with us—they loved us through all the diaper-changing, and our awkward bangs phase, and the rebellious teenage years, and are almost always there when we need to cry or tell a hilarious story or just need help figuring out how to grown-up stuff like make a doctor’s appointment or cooking dinner. Actually, most of us still need advice about how to do pretty much anything, and my mom is my go-to about 99% of the time.

When you think about it, dedicating one inadequate day a year to your mom doesn’t really come close to appreciating everything she does. Moms deserve more than one day to be told how special they are to us, and to be given flowers or cheesy Hallmark cards. She’s the one person in the world who will still do your laundry and cook for you without complaint, knows that something is wrong the second she hears your voice, and is willing to forgive you for doing and saying some pretty stupid stuff. Not a lot of people in your life are that generous, and unfortunately we might not always have the luxury of being able to call our moms up and say thanks for cute care package she sent, or for being there at the finish line, or for just being there at all.

My mom is definitely the Lorelei to my Rory. I’m so lucky that such a strong, caring, hilarious woman has my back, and has been there to teach me how to be a good person, too. To my mom, and to all the mothers out there on Mother’s Day, and every other day, I just want to say thanks. You’re the bomb. <3

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor