5 Wearable Trends from New York Fashion Week

Posted -

September 4 – September 11 concluded one of the best weeks of the year: New York Fashion Week.  Several amazing designers recently unveiled their collections for spring/summer 2015.  Although these collections are beautiful on the runway, they can be a bit over-the-top and intimidating as day-to-day looks.  However, I’m here to show you that fashion week trends can be wearable on a daily basis.  Here are the top 5 wearable trends from NYFW:

Off the Shoulder:

Many dresses and tops on the runways were swept over one shoulder.  This is a great sophisticated look for spring.

Yellow:

What color says "spring" more than yellow?  Yellow adds a great pop of color to your wardrobe and helps to brighten up your look.

Shirtdresses:

Shirt dresses are amazingly comfortable.  They can be paired with a belt and heels to dress them up, or sandals/flats to dress them down.

Gingham Print:

Usually, plaid is for fall.  However, Gingham prints are making their way through spring 2015.  Don't let the plaid scare you, though.  This look is ultra chic.

Fringe:

Fringe has been all over the runway this fall.  It is a fun way to spice up your wardrobe without going over-the-top.