7 DIY Halloween Make-Up Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

We all know the hassle of buying a ridiculously expensive pre-made costume, or getting each part of your homemade costume from a different thrift store, friend, or somewhere deep in your closet.  This year you don’t have to go out and find a costume in order to look the part. Here are 7 last minute costumes you can apply, all you need is face makeup!

1. The go-to cat

Every year half of the girl population dresses up as a cat. This year show them all how it’s done with this crazy cat face! Get creative with different spots and colors and have a purrrfect Halloween

2. Scarecrow

Go beyond the plaid shirt and straw hat, amp it up with this not so scary scarecrow face.  No need to be wearing itchy hay in your pockets this year!

3. Wonder Woman

Stand out amongst the superhero crowd with this super cool Wonder Woman eye makeup!  Not only will everyone know you as super tough, but you can do a killer eye makeup job as well!

4. Comic book character 

Be a comic book character by outlining your facial features in black and add in the brightest of colors! You are sure to stand out with your new bold expression and any outfit can be paired with this face.

5. Mermaid 

Get this scaly mermaid look by using fishnet stockings as a template while you apply the colorful eye shadow, add on all things nautical and be queen of the sea for the day!

6. Toy doll

Put on your doll face this Halloween! This simple makeup can be done just last minute and will go a long way to make you stand out among all the Raggedy Anne’s and broken dolls walking around.  

7. Sally (Nightmare Before Christmas) 

Have a Sally face without going completely blue!  Painting your entire face isn’t always pleasant, but neither is taking it all off at the end of the night. This makeup gets your point across while still looking festive!  

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Amalie Laigaard is a Junior at the University of Tampa, majoring in Public Health and Wellness.  She was born in Denmark, raised in New Jersey, and now lives in SW Florida.  Her passion is split between helping others and writing about anything and everything in her life.  During her free time she soaks up the Florida sun while reading by the pool, or she will be found in the kitchen making some chocolatey concoction!