This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

A little bit of TLC goes a long way. That is especially true when referring to your skin.  Your skin is constantly exposed to the dangers of the elements. It’s important that you take care of it. An easy way to keep your face fresh is to give yourself weekly facials. Facials cleanse and hydrate your skin keeping it youthful and bright. There are facials that cater to all skin types.

Normal

Normal skin is not too dry or too oily. It has few imperfections, little to no sensitivity, miniscule pores, and a glowing complexion.

Masks for normal skin

Apple Face Mask 

1. 1 Apple
  2. 2 tablespoon Honey
  3. Blend these ingredients together to create a smooth paste. Apply the mask to your face and leave it on for 20 minutes. Follow with rinsing and moisturizing.

Olive Oil and Egg Face Mask

1. 2-3 teaspoons of bran
  2. 1 teaspoon olive oil
  3. 1 egg yolk
  4.  Mix these items together and apply it to your face. Rinse after 15-20 minutes.

Strawberry Mask

1. ½ cup ripe strawberries
  2. ¼ cup cornstarch
  3. Mix the cornstarch and strawberries and apply the paste to your face. Avoid the eye area as strawberries can be quiet acidic. Leave it on for about 30 minutes and rinse with cool water. This will help you freshen up and vitalize your face.

Combination

Combination skin is dry or normal in some areas and oily in others, like the T-zone (nose, forehead, and chin). It skin produces blackhead, overly dilated pores, and shiny skin.

Masks for combination skin

Cucumber mask

1. 1 tablespoon a chopped cucumber
  2.  1 egg white
  3.  5 drops of lemon essential oil
  4. Mix ingredients and apply to the skin. Rinse away after 20 minutes. The mask will narrow pores, moisturize the face and eliminate the sebum on a T-zone.

Bread and honey mask

1. 1 slice of a bread
  2.  5 tablespoon a milk
  3. 1 teaspoon a honey
  4. Soak bread in milk, mix it with honey, and apply the mixture to your face; after 15-20 minutes rinse it off.

Potato and milk mask

1. 2 tablespoon of mashed potatoes (boil potatoes and mash it)
  2. 1 tablespoon a milk
  3. Mix the ingredients; apply the mix to a clean face. Wash off after 20 minutes with cool water.

Dry skin

Dry skin can crack, peel, or become itchy, inflamed and irritated. If your skin is too dry it can become rough and scaly.

Masks for dry skin

Eggs and Honey

1. Mix the whites of an egg into a small bowl until they thicken slightly.
  2. Add one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of sunflower oil and mix them together.
  3. Apply the mixture to your face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
  4. Rinse it off with warm water.

Banana and Yogurt

1.  Place two bananas and 1 tablespoon of honey and 1//2 cup of yogurt in a blender.
  2.  Blend the ingredients until they are a uniform mixture.
  3.  Apply the mixture to your face and leave it on for 20 minutes.
  4. Rinse it off with warm water.

Clay mask

1.  Place kaolin clay, 1 tablespoon corn flour, 1 tablespoon wheat germ oil and 1 tablespoon apricot oil in a small bowl.
  2.  Mix the ingredients together with enough fresh water to make them into a creamy substance.
  3.  Spread the mixture onto your face and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
  4.  Rinse your face with warm water.
  5.  Splash your face with cold water to complete the effect.

Now that you’ve got everything that you need, there’s nothing stopping you from taking proper care of your skin.

A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.