This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Risa Ton
Freshman
Biomedical Sciences
from Tampa, Florida

Why did you decide to go to USF?
“I decided to come to USF because it was very close to home. USF also seemed to be able to offer exactly what I was looking for in a college at the time.”

What do you love most about USF?
“I love the diversity of the student population — the different varieties of cultures, beliefs, and personalities I run into every day.” 

What organization(s) are you a part of?
“I am a part of the Assocation of Filipino Students, J-Club, Korean American Students Assocation, Vietnamese Student Assocation, and Biology Club. I am also a proud member of the AFS dance team.” 

What is the one place you want to visit?
“One of my biggest dreams is to travel the world. The first place on my list would have to be The Netherlands.” 

What is your music type?
“I enjoy listening to rock and rock alternative. My favorite bands of all time are Breaking Benjamin, Rise Against, and Anberlin.”

What movies do you normally watch?
“Although it may seem childish, I love movies such as Puss In Boots and KungFu Panda. I also enjoy movies that make me laugh until it hurts to breathe, or movies that keep me gripped to the edge of my seat.” 

Do you think you have changed since high school, how?
“I believe that since I came to USF, I’m more open to meeting new people. I have made many great friends, and met many wonderful new people, and they each have changed me a little, in a better way.” 

What do you look for in a guy?
“I look for a confident, sexy guy with a stunning smile who can understand me and protect me. I like guys who act tough with their guy friends but are not afraid to be affectionate towards their girl. He has to enjoy playing video games with me too, since I can get very competitive!”