FASHION FRIDAY: Once Upon a Time-Inspired Holiday Outfits

After Once Upon a Time’s compelling winter finale last Sunday, I thought it would only be appropriate to dedicate this week's Fashion Friday post to the much-beloved series. Just in case you didn’t know, the show is about a town in Maine called Storybrooke, where all of your favorite fairytale characters from Snow White to Rumplestilskin live, except, until this season, they had no idea who they were. A curse was placed on all of the characters and the town to keep them from leaving or using magic. At the beginning of the second season, that spell, enacted by the Evil Queen, who is known as the mayor, Regina, in Storybrooke, was broken. Unfortunately, that brought along a new set of problems.

With the holiday season fast approaching, I wanted to create outfits inspired by Once Upon a Time that would also be great to wear for holiday parties and family gatherings. It was also my take on the outfits I thought the characters might wear to their own holiday parties. Check out the outfits below!

Regina Mills

Regina Mills (Lana Parilla) is the mayor of Storybrooke, but in the Enchanted Forest she is known as the Evil Queen. In both worlds she is known for being cunning, manipulative and a little scary. Her style in Storybrooke is structured and professional and her style in the Enchanted Forest is still structured but usually features dramatic collars, rich jewel tones and regal, elegant silhouettes. In this outfit, the coat is a nod to the dramatic collared gowns she wears in the Enchanted Forest and the color is more in tune with the professional color palette she wears in Storybrooke. The corseted top has an open back and reminded me of some of the more risqué gowns she’s worn this season. I thought the high-waisted pants were a great way to meld the dramatic and professional demeanors she embodies. The intricate design of the shoes reminded me of heavy brocade fabrics and the rings also make a pretty regal statement.

Pages

Get more HC!

Get the best of Her Campus, right in your inbox! Learn more.

About The Author

Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.

Check out her website and portfolio here.

She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.

Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.