The End of the Semester Explained in Memes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

It is officially finals week, collegiettes™!

Here at Her Campus, we want to keep you laughing this week instead of stressing over everything you need to do. Here’s the breakdown of the end of the fall semester.

The last week of the semester leading up to finals is always a blur. You attend the classes you actually enjoyed to bid farewall to your favorite professors, ask for recommendation letters and any extra credit points. You skip/sleep through the classes you didn’t like and chill out with your friends instead.

Be warned: some of your other professors may feel like they’re doing you a favor. 

Soon, you begin to realize how much work you actually have to do before finals.

You find the planner you stopped using during the fourth week of the semester and write out your final exams schedule. Then you make excessive lists of all the other assignments you need to do too.

With everything written down, you start to feel like this on the Friday after your last class.

But you’re determined not to stress out. All you need to do is sit down and study.

You decide to skip that party on Friday night and head to the library with your friends. But with Starbucks, snacks, cat videos and online shopping, you only get a little bit of real studying done.

Next thing you know, it’s 3 a.m. and you’re still seated in Club LIB looking like:

You head home and get in bed with your notes, determined to make some type of progress.

On Saturday, you’re so tired from being up all night that you sleep the majority of the day away. 5 o’clock hits and it’s already starting to get so dark outside because of the time change. Instead of studying more, you think of the countless parties to attend, alcoholic beverages to intake and extra sleep to later enjoy.

But on Sunday, you realize that you really don’t have any time left to study more or finish your assignments.

When you emerge from your room to print your final papers and notes for your exams, your friends look at you like you’re crazy. But you shrug and tell them:

With all of your essays done and your notes printed, you start feeling overwhelmed again. But no worries!

You stop studying and start calculating, just in case.

Now it is Monday morning and you’re heading into your first exam. You’ve studied though. So, don’t stress. You’ve done all you can do. 

But seriously:

Jasmin Lankford is a junior at the University of South Florida majoring in mass communications with a minor in creative writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus USF. Jasmin is also the Communications committee chair of the College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Student Leadership Society and the Media Coordinator of The Poets at USF. She loves to write about literature, fashion, art, student life and pop culture. She aspires to publish a bestselling book, write and edit for a newspaper or magazine, travel the world, and more. Read her blog here!
Lover of all things Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and fashion. Junior. Mass Communication major. Disney Cast member. Aspiring writer.