Why Being a Morning Person is the Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

As a morning person, I can honestly say that it has many benefits that most people are not aware of. From being the first person in the shower to feeling refreshed after a morning workout, waking up before the rest of the world is the absolute best.

1. Whether you live with your friends in a dorm, an apartment, or live at home with your family, waking up early will allow you to snag the bathroom before anyone else. It is the absolute worst when you need to get ready or are in a rush and someone is taking *forever* in the shower. When you wake up before everyone else, the bathroom is all yours!

2. When you wake up early, you have ample amount of time to make yourself a good, healthy breakfast! You can’t say, “I don’t have enough time to eat breakfast.” You will always have time for a balanced breakfast!

3. I usually watch the news in the morning. Watching the news every morning keeps you on top of what is going on locally as well as around the country. It also gives you talking points throughout the day if you are informed of what is going on around you.

4. When I don’t finish my homework the previous night or I want to get ahead on an assignment, I am able to give myself time in the morning to work on things that need to get done. Waking up early gives you enough time to get important tasks done on time.

5. Morning runs are the best runs! Working out in the morning gives me the energy to stay engaged and awake for the rest of the day. Getting a quick run in each morning before a busy day is a great way to stay in shape! You will never have to worry about dragging yourself to the gym after a long, busy day.