This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Halloween is just around the corner and the festive parties are near. Blank on what kinds of food and treats to provide for your friends? Well here are some easy recipes that will surely put you and your friends in the holiday spirit, while also keeping it somewhat healthy (you still want to fit into your costume, don’t you?)

Healthy Vampire Teeth
Cut up an apple into thin slices. Then cover one side of each apple slice with peanut butter. Afterwards, place marsh mallows standing up so they cover a whole slice. To finish it off, put another apple slice on top to create the look of vampire teeth!

[pagebreak]

Dessert Grave Stone Cup
First bake or buy any type of cookie of your choice. Then write, with frosting, “RIP” toward the top of each cookie. You make also add a flower decoration to make it more decorative. Then pour chocolate pudding or mousse into small plastic cups so it fills it up about 3/4 the way. Then crumble Oreos on top of the pudding or mousse. After that, Place each cookie into the cup so the “RIP” is still showing at the top. Tada! You now have a festive Halloween dessert.

[pagebreak]

Pumpkin Hamburgers
Having a grill out? Here’s the perfect idea to make those burgers a little more festive and exciting to eat. Take each slice of cheese, or your choice, and cut out two small triangles in the top corners for the eyes of the pumpkin. Then cut out the mouth on the lower slice of the cheese, making it any crazy mouth shape you would like. Then place it on the hamburger and cook it up!

[pagebreak]

Pumpkin Shaped Vegetable Tray
First, lay out the carrots on a tray in the shape of a pumpkin. Then choose your dip of choice and pour it in two square containers for the eyes. Place the square containers in the upper middle of the carrots. Then place another kind of dip, or the same kind of dip, in a triangle container for the nose of the pumpkin and place in below the two eyes. Slice up a cucumber into slices and then cut the slices in half. Place the half slices on the tray, assembling it to look like the mouth of the pumpkin. Finally, to add the finishing touch, place a bunch of broccoli at the top for the stem and you have yourself a lovely array of yummy vegetables to munch at the festivities!

[pagebreak]

Pumpkin Rice Crispy Treats
A little fun treat that everyone is sure to love are these cute little pumpkin rice crispy treats. They are simple to make, too! First just mix together the rice crispy recipe (marshmallows, butter, and rice crispy cereal) and then add orange food coloring. Then take a handful of the mixture and form it into a ball. Once you have used up all of the rice crispy mixture and have formed it all into balls, let it set out for a bit so it has time to harden. Once they are a little more firm, decorate the top with green frosting and place a Tootsie Roll or Rolo on the top (making it stick with frosting) in place for the stem! The final step it to devour it and enjoy!