13 reasons why your sibling is your best friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

It’s almost time for spring break and some of us are still debating what we want to do. Sure, it would be nice to go out and tan somewhere warm but a less costly opportunity is awaiting you at your childhood home. So in honor of all of us going to spend another ‘vacation’ home with our families, I’d like to just remind you exactly why you’re going home and explain why you’ll be spending most of your time chilling with your sibling(s).

1.   They’re always there when you need someone to talk to

2.   You share a special bond (and obsession) when it comes to your love of the same television shows, movies, and music

3.   They can usually help you figure out what you’re wearing because we both know you have the same taste (or the same clothes)

4.   And if you want to see what an outfit will look like you can force it onto them too

5.   When you bring home your significant other they will give them the third degree to make sure they’re right for you

6.   You never had to have a babysitter because you could totally watch out for each other

7.   You know you wanna finish off an entire pizza or gallon of ice cream but to make you feel better about yourself, they’ll help you do it

8.   If you need advice, they’re the ones you should go to

9. And if you need to duke it out, they’re there for a friendly wrestling match too

10. Whenever they’re around, you’re always on your toes

11. Later in life they will be the perfect person to reminisce with

12. Sure you have your problems but they usually pass as quickly as they started

13. And they will love you always and forever, no matter what