This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

The new semester has arrived, thank goodness. Over the break the guy you thought was your prince charming was tagged in some incriminating photos on Facebook.  After deleting all photos of you together and eating a pint of ice cream, it’s time to move on. And there’s no better time to do so then Winter Welcome Week. But as every collegiette ™ knows, the art of moving on is a very difficult process; girls must catch the eye of every guy she never bothered talking to while she was with Mr. Last Semester while pretending to notice no one and look fabulous doing so.  For a guy’s perspective on the subject, we turn once again to our campus cutie.

Major: Pre-Law, Political Science

Interests: Good movies, Baseball, Gold, Detroit Red Wings, Long walks on the beach, Candlelit seafood dinners

Favorite Quote: “They are more to me than life, these voices, they are more than motherliness and more than fear; they are the strongest, most comforting thing there is anywhere: they are the voices of my comrades.”- Erich Maria Remarque, All Quiet on the Western Front

Relationship Status: Single & Ready to Mingle

Turn on: Eyes, Lips

Turn off: Too much makeup

HC:  How long do you wait to hit on a girl who you know just ended things with another guy and why?

It depends on the girl. If I knew it was rough on her, I’d give her some time and room to breathe. If she were over it though, I’d go for it.

HC:  Define a ‘rebound’ and, in your opinion, what are the pros and cons?

A rebound is ending things with a girl and hooking up with someone else right after. The pros are it takes your mind off things. The cons are that it’s usually out of jealousy or spite, and if you get back with your girl right after and she finds out about it, you’re in the doghouse.

HC:  Would you hesitate to hang out with a girl if you know she was hanging out with other guys at the same time and why?

Usually I’d back off, but if I really liked her and thought she was worth waiting for, I’d still talk to her a bit just to let her know I’m still there.

HC:  How do you get over a breakup?

I’d be with my boys; I know they can always pick me up when I’m down.

His Advice: Never act like you’re cooler than someone, it makes you seem standoffish, cocky and unapproachable. Smile, relax and enjoy the moment. 

Nikki is a senior at the University of Michigan double majoring in English and Communication Studies.  In addition to Her Campus, Nikki is also involved in Ed2010, The Forum-Michigan's Greek Life Newspaper, Alpha Delta Pi, and Gamma Sigma Alpha.  In her spare time, she enjoys being outside, playing guitar, going on bike rides, and traveling.  Her guilty pleasures include celebrity gossip sites, Glee, and chocolate chip cookies.