More Study Tips to Help You Get Through Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montana chapter.

Finals are less than two weeks away and you’re lucky if you aren’t stressed out like the majority of us. With all the studying you’re going to have to be doing, one way to keep the stress down is to take break while you study. Here are some unique ways to take a break between the books.

1.     Color. Go buy a cheap coloring book from Target or Walmart, anywhere along with some crayons or colored pencils or markers and color a picture. Invite a friend or two to do it with you or grab your roommate. It will give you a chance to take your mind off school for a short amount of time.
2.     Play with a Dog. The University of Montana has dogs in the UC and in the COT during finals weeks for students to come play with and relax when they get too stressed out.
3.     Read. Although you’ve might be reading your text book for hours upon hours, switch to a novel or a magazine, just something easier to read for a moment so you can think about something else and something you want to think about.
4.     Dance. Sitting and studying can make you feel cramped from sitting in the same position for too long. Try turning on a few of your favorite songs (probably in the privacy of your own home) and dance it out for a short while.
5.     Lay down. Whether you actually nap or not, set an alarm for a short amount of time and breathe and relax. You don’t want to fall asleep for too long or you might just end up feeling groggy. This is perfect if the weather permits you to study out in the oval.