Mike Breen

Year: Sophomore

Major: Elementary Education

Goals after obtaining your degree: My goal after graduation is to be the kind of teacher that my students can relate to.

Status: Married

What is one of your favorite things about your wife (Kelly): My favorite thing about Kelly is she is a very giving person.

Why Missoula: We moved to Missoula to be closer to the University. I like being to walk out, catch the bus, and be right there.

Favorite type of music: My favorite bands are Avenged Sevenfold, Shadows Fall, and pretty much any European Metal. There are too many to list, because music is such a huge part of my life, I listen to different bands for different reasons.

Favorite T.V. show: If I could recommend a TV show to someone, it would have to be “The Walking Dead”. I am confident that I would survive a zombie apocalypse!

What were your thoughts about all the political ads: I was extremely tired of the political commercials. Every time the TV was on, one candidate was bashing another…so obviously, I couldn’t wait for the election to be done so the commercials would go away.

If you could travel to one place where would it be: If I could travel to one place, it would have to be Ireland. I’ve always had a fascination for their culture and music.

The UM has been in the news a lot lately. What would you like to say on behalf of the UM, as a student: The U of M has been in the news a lot for things of the negative nature. The one thing I have to say is not to blame the whole university for the wrong decisions and actions of a few. My experience with the university has been very positive. The staff, professors, and other students have always been very supportive and nice.

Favorite fall activities: When it comes to fall festivities, my favorite is FOOTBALL!!! I try to attend the home games and I love to go out and throw passes with my son.

What is your favorite part of campus: My favorite part of campus would probably be outside of Lomasson, at the tables. There I can hang out and take a break from the day. The people I hang out with are very cool and entertaining, never short for conversation.

College is hard. We make it easier!

Get the best of Her Campus delivered straight to your inbox!

Enter to Win!

Check out Her Campus Contests on LockerDome on LockerDome

About The Author

I am majoring in Native American Studies with a minor in English. I hope to return to reservations in Washington and Montana to improve education and give the desire to strive for a better life. I enjoy writing (Fiction), reading, hiking, and the ocassional couple hours of Pinterest! :)

Editor's Note

Calling all collegiettes! We're looking for the 22 Under 22 Most Inspiring College Women. Enter yourself (or your BFF!) by 5/31 at hercampus.com/22under22.

From Around The Web

We Recommend

User login