This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montana chapter.

Name: Liza Ginnings

Age: 21

Year: Senior

Hometown: Missoula, MT

Major: Political Science-International Relations

Why stay in Missoula? Because I’m convinced that it just might be the friendliest place on Earth!

How are your first few weeks going? Kind of disorienting because it’s my last year. It’s scary, but also exciting because I get to really start planning the rest of my life!

What do you want to do with your degree? Go to graduate school for non-profit administration, and then work in community organizing. Eventually I want to go back to law school and have a career in politics–either behind the scenes on the campaign trail or as a candidate myself.

Any advice for non-native Missoulians? Just walk around and talk to all of the characters that you meet around town. And go to lots of concerts!

Speaking of which, what are some of the best shows that you’ve seen in Missoula over the years? Oh wow, let’s see, just last week Pretty Lights and Trampled by Turtles. Other good ones have been Elton John, Bassnectar, Hank 3, Jimmy Eat World, Bob Dylan, Tegan and Sara, and the Blue Scholars. I also have to give a shout out to my dad’s band Locobros, and my friend’s The Blox too!.

I am majoring in Native American Studies with a minor in English. I hope to return to reservations in Washington and Montana to improve education and give the desire to strive for a better life. I enjoy writing (Fiction), reading, hiking, and the ocassional couple hours of Pinterest! :)