Lillian Marie Alvernaz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montana chapter.

Name: Lillian Marie Alvernaz

Major; Social Work/Native American Studies.

Year: Junior

Age: 19

Why Missoula?
It has wonderful Native American support, which Dickinson State was lacking.

Long term goals with future degrees?
I plan on getting a Masters in Social Work and going on to get my Law degree to become a Tribal Lawyer somewhere in Montana, represent my people, and fight/work/help American Indians all over.

Favorite way to study?
Read, read, reread, and read my notes

One thing people would be surprised to learn about you?
I love to hunt.

When it comes to finals, what is your favorite way to relax?
I honestly don’t relax during finals week. Just stay sane by calling my family and keep my chin up until it’s over!

Change one thing you would like to change about UM?
Not having to pay for every. gosh. darn. thing.

I am majoring in Native American Studies with a minor in English. I hope to return to reservations in Washington and Montana to improve education and give the desire to strive for a better life. I enjoy writing (Fiction), reading, hiking, and the ocassional couple hours of Pinterest! :)
Alyse is a senior at the University of Montana with a journalism major. She was born and raised in the small town of Dillon, Montana. When not busy with school, Alyse likes to enjoy the beautiful mountains of Montana. In addition to volunteering with Her Campus, Alyse also volunteers at the YWCA by leading support groups for domestic violence and sexual assualt survivors. After graduation, Alyse wants to explore the field of journalism in a warm and sunny climate.