This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montana chapter.

Major: Dance – Choreography/Performance and Teaching

Year: Junior

Hometown: Littleton, CO

Why Missoula: It was the only school that gave me a scholarship and I have never been to Montana so it was a completely new place.

Favorite Music: Country

What makes you the happiest? Spending time with my family, my boyfriend, and my friends and dancing

What other activities are you involved with during the school year: I have dance performances throughout the school year and work at the UC Food Court.

If you could travel to one place where would it be: Ireland

What’s your favorite childhood memory: Anytime I spent with my mom.

UM has been in the news a lot lately, is there anything you’d like to say to those who may not attend the university or know what’s really going on? As a student, what would you like to say: The University of Montana is an amazing place and we shouldn’t be judged by the actions of some of our students. It is such a welcoming environment and an amazing place to live.

Are you tired of the political commercials yet: Yes.

One “fun fact” about you that most people don’t know: I have two nieces that are older than me.

I am majoring in Native American Studies with a minor in English. I hope to return to reservations in Washington and Montana to improve education and give the desire to strive for a better life. I enjoy writing (Fiction), reading, hiking, and the ocassional couple hours of Pinterest! :)