This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montana chapter.
Fun, Easy, & Delicious Recipes!

Now that the summer is officially over, fall brings colder weather and more time to try new recipes. Invite friends, cook, and enjoy some easy, creative, and delicious dishes!

Breaded Chicken Parmesan:
Ingredients:
12 ounces white meat chicken (one double breast)

1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

1/4 cup Italian-style bread crumbs

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tbsp onions, dried

Crushed red peppers if desired

1 -2 tbsp olive oil

Directions:
Cut the chicken breast horizontally (filet it) so you will end up with two thin pieces.

Rub each piece with olive oil.

Mix dry ingredients together and pat each piece with the crumb mixture until well covered.

Bake at 375*F for about 20 minutes (Flip chicken over about half way through cooking time)

Cheesy, Ranch, Red Potatoes
Ingredients
12 small new red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
1-cup ranch-style salad dressing
1 (8 ounces) package shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Place potatoes in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cover to boil, and cook 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
Place cooked potatoes on an ungreased cookie sheet with the cut side up. Spread a spoonful of dressing on the top of each potato half. Sprinkle with cheese and lightly dust with pepper.
Bake in the preheated over for five minutes or until cheese is melted.
(also try adding bacon bits!)

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

Mini Football Subs

Ingredients

Meatballs
Shredded Cheese
Spaghetti sauce
Individual-size rolls

Directions

To make a batch, first prepare your favorite meatball recipe, shaping each meatball into a mini football before cooking. Once they’re cooked, add the meatballs to a skillet of spaghetti sauce and warm them through.
For each sub, cut a V-shape notch from the top of an individual size roll, place a meatball in the roll, and top with cheese shred laces. Finally, get the sandwiches in a huddle on a cookie sheet and place them in a warm oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese.

Pumpkin Crumble Cake

Ingredients

1 package yellow cake mix
1 egg, beaten
½ cup butter, melted
1 can pumpkin puree
3 eggs, beaten
½ cup white sugar
¼ cup packed brown sugar
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ cup white sugar
3 tablespoons butter, softened
½ cup chopped nuts (optional)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray or grease one 9X13 inch pan.
Reserve 1 cup cake mix. In a large bowl, combine the remaining dry cake mix with 1 egg and ½ cup melted butter. Mix well, and then pat into prepared pan.
In a large brown, mix together the pumpkin, 3 eggs, ½ cup white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Pour over crust.
In a small bowl, combine reserved 1 cup mix, ½ cup sugar, and 3 tablespoons softened butter. Crumble over pumpkin filling. Sprinkle nuts evenly over the top, if desired.
Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes.

I am majoring in Native American Studies with a minor in English. I hope to return to reservations in Washington and Montana to improve education and give the desire to strive for a better life. I enjoy writing (Fiction), reading, hiking, and the ocassional couple hours of Pinterest! :)
Alyse is a senior at the University of Montana with a journalism major. She was born and raised in the small town of Dillon, Montana. When not busy with school, Alyse likes to enjoy the beautiful mountains of Montana. In addition to volunteering with Her Campus, Alyse also volunteers at the YWCA by leading support groups for domestic violence and sexual assualt survivors. After graduation, Alyse wants to explore the field of journalism in a warm and sunny climate.