Celebrate the book

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montana chapter.

Be sure to check out the 12-annual The Festival of the Book in downtown Missoula October 6-8.

Over 75 authors will be showcased in many panels, exhibits, readings, book signings, demonstrations, and receptions. The Festival of the Book is a celebration of the West, and the many talented individuals our area is graced with.

Nearly all events are open to the public in many different venues such as the Wilma, Fact and Fiction Bookstore, The Holiday Inn, and The Missoula Art Museum. Many prestigious authors such as Thomas McGuane, Mary Clearman Blew, Rick Bass, James Lee Burke, and Bonnie Jo Campbell will be featured. On Thursday October 6, 2011 at the Fact and Fiction Bookstore at 5:00p.m., Lisa Simon Producer of Reflections West will be speaking about Reflections West and Missoula Writing Collaborative. She will have guest speakers discuss how Missoula Writing Collaborative and Reflections West has given students and young writers publicity and experience in the writing field. Sheryl Noethe’s work will be shared with reflections about how the current Montana poet laureate has inspired young writers.

A reception will follow the readings and speaking at Fact and Fiction, everyone is welcome and the event is free.

If you’re a young writer looking to gain more experience or just simply want to enjoy other’s work, join Missoula’s most talented individuals at The Festival of the Book. For more information go to: http://www.humanitiesmontana.org/programs/fob/index.php

I am majoring in Native American Studies with a minor in English. I hope to return to reservations in Washington and Montana to improve education and give the desire to strive for a better life. I enjoy writing (Fiction), reading, hiking, and the ocassional couple hours of Pinterest! :)
Alyse is a senior at the University of Montana with a journalism major. She was born and raised in the small town of Dillon, Montana. When not busy with school, Alyse likes to enjoy the beautiful mountains of Montana. In addition to volunteering with Her Campus, Alyse also volunteers at the YWCA by leading support groups for domestic violence and sexual assualt survivors. After graduation, Alyse wants to explore the field of journalism in a warm and sunny climate.