Sydney Lemperle, Writer for Her Campus at the University of Kentucky

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Name: Sydney Lemperle

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Major: Integrated Strategic Communications

Hometown: Cincinnati, Ohio

Her Campus: What is your position on campus?

Sydney Lemperle: I’m a writer for Her Campus [at UK].

HC: How did you get involved in the club?

SL: My best friend actually got me interested in writing for Her Campus. I did some writing in high school and I write my own blog, so I thought this would be a great opportunity to brush up on [my] writing skills.

HC: What is your favorite part of being in the club?

SL: My favorite part about this club is all the different topics that people come up with to make UK’s Her Campus unique and fun.  

HC: And the biggest challenge?

SL: The biggest challenge for me is to come up with funny and unique ideas to write about every week. I want every piece that I write to be enjoyable for everyone to read.

HC: What other things are you involved in on campus?

SL: I’m a member of a sorority, as well as a member of UK’s Public Relations Student Society of America

HC: What is your dream job?

SL: My dream job is to work at a public relations firm in California. I’m not a fan of cold weather, so I will go anywhere that is warm. 

HC: What are your hobbies?

SL: I love to dance. I pretty much dance everywhere (even in the aisle ways at the grocery store). I’m also a huge Reds fan, as well as a huge Disney fanatic. 

HC: What advice would you give to new students?

SL: Some advice I would give new students would be to not to be afraid of trying new things. My freshman year, I was still nervous about meeting new people and trying to get more involved on campus. These four years will go by fast, and college is the time to try new things and meet different people.

HC: What is your favorite memory at UK so far?

SL: My favorite memory was the Final Four game during March Madness. It was definitely a night I will never forget.

"Sam I am," and I LOVE to read. Whether it's Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" or The Mortal Instruments series, I'm always reading. And when I'm not reading, I'm writing; English papers, magazine editorials, you name it! Italian food is my favorite, shoe shopping is my addiction, and I hate cold weather. I'm also a proud member of Slytherin house (we're not all bad, I swear).