Rachel Eberhart, Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at the University of Kentucky

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Name: Rachel EberhartAge: 20Year: JuniorMajor: Business and Organizational CommunicationsHometown: Bowling Green, Ky.

Her Campus: What is your position on campus?Rachel Eberhart: Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at UK. I handle all marketing, public relations, and co-edit social media for our chapter.

HC: How did you get involved in the club?RE: My wonderful friend, Sam Rogers, and I were sitting in the kitchen late one evening, and she said, “Hey, I want to start this online magazine. Can you pleaaaaase do it with me?” And, who can say “no” to their best friend?

HC: What is your favorite part of being in the club?RE: I think seeing what creativity others have is really rewarding and inspiring, not to mention hilarious.

HC: And the biggest challenge?RE: Not violating media ethics. I don’t know much about ethics and rules of print, so I have to double-check a lot, but it allows plenty of opportunity to learn before a career.

HC: What other things are you involved in on campus?RE: Class, squirrel watching/avoiding, and my sorority.

HC: What is your dream job?RE: Ideally, I would never grow up and have to get past the age where being poor and dressing shambly is acceptable. But, event coordinating or public relations for the MLB would be a decent substitute.

HC: What are your hobbies?RE: Netflix, napping, window-shopping, managing social media, keeping up with sports and current events, and socializing at all hours of the day.  

HC: What advice would you give to new students?RE: Definitely go to class and read your syllabus, but be involved. If you’re involved you’ll make friends and be able to happily experience all UK has to offer. But, I think reading the syllabus and being in class to write down important dates, has really been the key to success in my academics here at UK.

HC: What is your favorite memory at UK so far?RE: My favorite memory was watching the UK vs. UConn National Championship game. The campus was so electric all week leading up to the game, and when we lost, it was devastating. But, seeing the amount of support on State Street for our school and our team was amazing. It made me feel really proud to be part of the university and everything we stand for. I truly believe there is not a collegiate fan base like UK’s during March Madness.

"Sam I am," and I LOVE to read. Whether it's Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" or The Mortal Instruments series, I'm always reading. And when I'm not reading, I'm writing; English papers, magazine editorials, you name it! Italian food is my favorite, shoe shopping is my addiction, and I hate cold weather. I'm also a proud member of Slytherin house (we're not all bad, I swear).