Introducing Mr. UK: Kory Brocious

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

What year are you? Junior

What is your major? Double major in Marketing and Integrated Strategic Communication

What are your future plans? I hope to work in athletic advertising or brand management for Nike or Adidas.

What organizations are you involved in? I am in Alpha Tau Omega fraternity and I am involved in Intermurals, DanceBlue, and Greek Sing.

Hobbies: I enjoy playing competitive sports and getting involved on UK’s campus. I also love spending time with my family and the brothers in my fraternity.

Who are your biggest role models? My biggest role models are Muhammad Ali and my mother.

What was your favorite part about the Mr. UK pageant? What I enjoyed most about Mr.UK was being able to participate in a great philanthropy and getting to know all of the other competitors and Alpha Delta Pi sorority sisters. It was also a tremendous amount of fun to be able to perform on stage in front of several hundred people.

What were you thinking during the contest when you were standing on stage in front of hundreds of people, in only your boxers?  As I was standing in front of the crowd with nothing on but Jammers, I was actually more comfortable than I anticipated. Above all I told myself not to be nervous and to go out and have a good time with it. I think it was because of this attitude I was able to withstand the pressure from the crowd.

Do you have any advice for next year’s contestants? My advice for next years contestants, would be to go out and have fun. Enjoy the experience and know it is for a good cause. If you’re serious about winning, dedicate some time into the talent portion and get your friends and family involved in voting.

What about advice for our Mr. UK Freshman contestants? In all honesty this year is the first I have heard of the Mr. UK Freshman contest, but I’m excited to be learning about it. I think it shows great potential for years to come and could evolve into something quite popular on UK’s campus.

Lauren Conrad is a Print & Online Journalism senior at the University of Kentucky. After graduating UK with a degree in Sociology, Lauren spent two years working in marketing in Cincinnati, Ohio before deciding to move back to Lexington to enroll in UK's journalism program. Born in New Jersey, Lauren moved to the south at a young age and considers herself a southern girl at heart. A proud Wildcat, Lauren enjoys rooting for all UK sports. Always open for new beginnings, Lauren is excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and for whatever new challenges may come her way after graduation!