HCUK Campus Celebrity: Annemarie Nicieza

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

This week, Her Campus at the University of Kentucky had the chance to catch up with the amazing Annemarie Nicieza: UK student by day, YouTube star by night!

Name: Annemarie Nicieza

Age: 20

Year: Sophomore

Major: Communications

Hometown: Colorado Springs, Colo.

When did you first start making YouTube videos? I filmed a couple of videos with my cousin for his channel over the past couple of years, but I started my own channel in July 2014.

How would you describe your videos? Oof… They’re mostly comedic skits, but I sometimes do challenges with other YouTubers. I don’t know why, but it’s hard to describe exactly what they are.

Why do you use the name “Anna Murphy” on your channel? Well, my last name is a mouthful and most people can’t pronounce it. My cousin’s name is “Mikey Murphy” (he’s also a YouTuber), so I thought I would just change my last name, but my mom’s name is Annemarie Murphy, so I decided to go with Anna, so it didn’t interfere with her business.

You’ve recently reached 5,000 subscribers on your account. Congratulations! What was your first thought when you found out? Thank you so much! I’m actually just in awe. It’s kind of hard to imagine that 5,000 people are interested in what I have to say. When I hit 4,000, I had my roommates push me around Walmart in a shopping cart as a celebration, but for 5,000 it was my other roommate’s birthday, so the day was rightfully dedicated to her.

If you could have anyone in the world guest-star on your show, who would it be and why? If we were thinking big, I would say Dylan O’Brien, because he originally started out on YouTube and look where he is now! I would love to sit down and interview him.

What can we look forward to on your channel in the future? Definitely a lot of comedy; I love doing skits and challenge videos, so if you’re interested in goofy comedy, I’m your girl.

How can students at UK watch/learn more? Anyone can head over to my channel at youtube.com/annemarryme to watch my videos! I post a new one every Sunday.

"Sam I am," and I LOVE to read. Whether it's Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" or The Mortal Instruments series, I'm always reading. And when I'm not reading, I'm writing; English papers, magazine editorials, you name it! Italian food is my favorite, shoe shopping is my addiction, and I hate cold weather. I'm also a proud member of Slytherin house (we're not all bad, I swear).
Her Campus UK Contributor Account.