No Need for Patience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

A sense of urgency is delivered by the highway pursuit sound of Chase and Status’s “Time”, blurring the street lights as you rush by on your shiny white Ducati.  Do not give in to the request of others to make you wait, as you’ve controlled your destiny for the past two weeks studying.  You are in charge with your beautiful independence – never let go and never wait.  Observe the desperation in Delilah’s voice and let her take you on a pursuit for that goal you have this break.  If you do not attain results you deem appropriate – whether they are for an internship or for the man of your dreams – move on.  Chase something as worthy as you.

Go on and search around to the sound of broken church bells, and walk through an empty, foreboding village like the one featured in “Silent Hill”, when you hear the instrumental “Step Down” by Seefeel.  You are meandering through a perfectly breezy winter, so ominous with weather almost nonsensical for the holiday season.  Let the eeriness take you over and continue your battle to untangle yourself from a calamity of stringed webs with this static sound.  Fight through to get what you covet or miss the most this holiday season.

Once you’ve hopefully woven out of the web of desire, commemorate with Robyn’s “Call Your Girlfriend”.  After viewing her energy filled, plat formed Doc Marten’d performance on last weekend’s Saturday Night Live, I immersed myself in the calamity of bright, metallic and colored lights of her music video.  She dresses in these lights as each glint embraces her every move, accompanied by her confetti laden skin-tight pants, and spreads her arms wide, not letting any barriers in her way, as this is a song, which commemorates a victory.