Music Blog: Lolla Lolla La

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

All the buzz this week seems to lie in the pending lineup for Chicago’s hottest weekend of the summer. I’m of course referring to Lollapalooza 2013! The massive music fest will take place from August 2-4. Fans of all musical backgrounds will congregate once again in Grant Park, donning the finest festival gear and eagerly awaiting the sea of performers. Lucky for those impatient concert goers, the Chicago Tribune has confirmed four all-star headliners for the event:

Mumford & Sons

I Will Wait

Phoenix

Entertainment

The Killers

Runaways

Vampire Weekend                                       

Diane Young

Also rumored to attend:

The National and The Postal Service

Although Souvenir passes have already sold out, Early Bird tickets go on sale Tuesday at 10 a.m. Keep checking http://www.lollapalooza.com/ for updates, and have an awesome Spring Break!

Meaghan craves music almost as much as a good cup of coffee or a bagel smothered with cream cheese. Therefore, her most significant contribution to HerCampus arises once a week via her "Music Blog" section. Through this column, Meaghan hopes to inform and excite readers, introducing them to a variety of new music and music-related topics. Although difficult to decipher her crystal ball's contents, she would love to be working towards an outlet that combines design, writing, music, fashion, art and entertainment in the future. Obsessions also include the color pink and quoting her favorite films. 
Claudia was born in Mexico and moved to Chicago at the age of 8. She is currently attending the University of Illinois at Chicago as a Marketing major. She is really excited to be a part of the HerCampus team and is ready to make HC grow at UIC. She can’t go a day without exercising and especially enjoys Zumba! She loves fashion and reads blogs every day, that’s where she gets her inspiration when she dresses, and hopes to one day have her own! Claudia is currently a representative for AKIRA Chicago, for discount codes contact her at (cmarti74@uic.edu). She strives to be a better person every day, and is really thankful for everything she has. One of Claudia’s favorite quotes is “Enjoy all that you have while you pursue everything that you want”.