Five Closet Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Alex Griparis
Every college girls’ closet does not need to be overflowing in order to build the perfect wardrobe. These key pieces are timeless and make it easy to mix and match with other things you have for any occasion. If you invest in these pieces now, you’ll have them for years to come and they will never go out of style!

Blazer
A blazer is so versatile that it can be work with skirts, jeans, or leggings. It also brings a touch of class and sophistication to any outfit. Throw one on for a night on the town or an interview to add extra confidence and flair. Try a colorful one for extra personality, or stay basic with black.

Tobi.com

Mary Jane Pumps
This style of pumps has been fashionable for over 20 years, and they aren’t going out of style any time soon. Mary Jane’s add a cute feminine touch to any outfit and look good with jeans or skirts.

High-waisted shorts
These are on the rise right now and the styles are getting cuter and more chic! High-waisted shorts look awesome with a tucked in shirt and braided belt, which is one of my favorite looks for summer.

Forever21.com

Lacy tights
Becoming more popular over the years are lacy designed tights. These look especially cute under shorts, but also look awesome under skirts or dresses.

Express.com

Sparkly  top
Make it feel like New Years all year round with a shiny and sparkly tank top. They have them everywhere, from Target to Urban Outfitters, so you’ll be sure to find something to fit your personal style. Wear under a blazer to look fancy and fun!