This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Basics:

Name: Tam Tran

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Bartlett, Illinois

Birthday: September 12, 1995

Heritage: Vietnamese

Major: Biochemistry, Pre-Med

UIC Life:

Local or Commuter: Local

What are you involved with on campus?

Chi Sigma Omega, VSA

What is your favorite thing about UIC?

I like how UIC is in the city because there’s always something to do and it’s good networking.

What is your least favorite thing about UIC?

I don’t like how most of my classmates are commuters, which makes it harder to get to know everyone.

What are your plans after graduation?

I want to travel to a third world country to volunteer for at least 6 months and more. I also want to get a job in the health information management field and during that time, I would study/prepare for medical school.

Fun Facts:

Favorite Place to Eat: Popeye’s Louisiana Kitchen

What’s something people don’t really know about you?

I have really huge tonsils, which makes me snore louder than my roommate, Nazia’s 50 year old dad, and I have a bad immune system.

What are your hobbies?

Eating unlimited amounts of chicken, shopping, going on spontaneous adventures to various coffee shops and museums, singing in the shower, synchronize naps with my puppy, and sitting on the floor eating ramen with my roommates/ sisters.

What kind of music are you into?

I’m open to anything , but I’m not a big fan of metal or folk.

What’s your favorite animal?

Giraffe

Favorite Movie: Frozen

Favorite Book: My anatomy book

If you could go back in the past, what year would you travel to?

I wouldn’t want to go back in time because I’m always looking forward to the future.

Love Life:

Interested in: men

Relationship Status: It’s complicated because my puppy is my number one man.

Celebrity Crush: Henry Cavill, Chris Hemsworth, Zac Efron …and many more

What do you look for in a guy?

I’m a hopeless romantic so I like guys who keep it old school

Deal Breaker: rude and unfaithful

Describe your dream date: Rollerblading in front of the Eiffel Tower, while eating Belgian waffles with Nutella

Hi I'm Aeja! Junior at UIC and a Pre Nursing Major. I try to write what inspires me, so I hope you enjoy my articles!
Erin is a Communication student at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the President and Editor-in-Chief of UIC's Her Campus chapter. On a daily basis, she can be found making excessive film references and getting overly emotional about superhero TV shows. She has a deep passion for writing, movies, music, good books, and great food, and will gladly talk your ear off about all of the above if prompted to do so.