Campus Celeb: Rich Stanton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Having computer problems? We know just the guy to help! Meet our next Campus Celeb, Richard Stanton!

HC UIC: Year? Major? What are your plans after college?
RICHARD: I’m a senior and I’m majoring in Information and Decision sciences which deals with IT work and programming. I would like to work in an IT department or software development department of a corporation after college.

HC UIC: What got you into working with computers?
RICHARD: I’ve been fascinated since I was a kid. My dad got my siblings and I a computer when we were kids, and I was on it everyday learning new things.

HC UIC: What’s the most complicated thing about dealing with computers?
RICHARD: They’re all different, and they all have their own problems. Problems are pretty much inevitable in IT and software development.

HC UIC: Who do you look up to for inspiration in your field of work?
RICHARD: I look into new lines of phones and new operating systems because it’s interesting to me how they’re developed and made.

HC UIC: Where do you currently work now and what have you learned there?
RICHARD: I work at the Institute for Health Research and Policy currently. I’ve learned how to fix just about any computer problem.

HC UIC: What do you do in your free time?
RICHARD: I like to work out, and I’m the President of the fraternity Beta Kappa Zeta.

Ceida is a third-year student at the University of Illinois at Chicago, studying graphic design with an interest in editorial. She has interned for a fashion photographer, Hesita&Bear (a luxury homeware company) and plans to continue her trek in the visual communications industry. Ceida loves exploring the Windy City, and more importantly: she enjoys showing it off. Her pass times include drinking coffee, thrifting, and listening to old-school Jazz, and photography! She is also a proud member of Phi Sigma Sigma National Sorority.