Campus Celeb: Briana Ryan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

What year are you and what is your major?

I am a junior at UIC and a double major in Communications and psychology.

What do you plan on doing once you graduate?

Post graduation I plan on beginning my career in public relations. Although I’m open to any opportunities in this field, I would especially love to do PR for a restaurant group or in the entertainment industry. In addition to that I really want to travel and do some volunteer work in South America before settling into a 9 to 5.

What are some goals you have for yourself in life?

My goals are always changing but like everyone else I want to be successful, always have great friends like I do now, make lasting memories with family and somehow leave my own unique mark on the world. 

Do you have anything fun planned for the upcoming winter break?

Yes! In addition to copious amounts of sleeping, going out with friends, and shopping…I’m also flying to Palm Beach for my cousin’s wedding at the end of December.

What is your favorite tradition that you do around Christmas time?

I love everything about the holidays and have several traditions with family and friends.  One of my favorite, though, is the annual ugly sweater Christmas party my girlfriends and I have.  It’s a perfect excuse to dress up, exchange gifts “white elephant” style, and eat, drink, and be merry!

Claudia was born in Mexico and moved to Chicago at the age of 8. She is currently attending the University of Illinois at Chicago as a Marketing major. She is really excited to be a part of the HerCampus team and is ready to make HC grow at UIC. She can’t go a day without exercising and especially enjoys Zumba! She loves fashion and reads blogs every day, that’s where she gets her inspiration when she dresses, and hopes to one day have her own! Claudia is currently a representative for AKIRA Chicago, for discount codes contact her at (cmarti74@uic.edu). She strives to be a better person every day, and is really thankful for everything she has. One of Claudia’s favorite quotes is “Enjoy all that you have while you pursue everything that you want”.