This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

In honor of Valentine’s Day, I went out and interviewed girls asking what their best Valentine’s Day date was. I’ve only had one Valentine’s date and it was my senior year of high school. I suppose you could say it was my best because it was the only one I had.  It was a triple date with my best friends. My date happened to be my best friend at the time. We went out to lunch then back to his house. When we got there, his room was decorated and he asked me to be his girlfriend and prom date. It was cute and memorable. There’s my story, but let’s hear what the girls of UIC had to say.

“So freshman year of college my boyfriend visited me one weekend in February. I surprised him with tickets to see Passion Pitt and Matt & Kim! It was to celebrate Valentine’s Day, since we couldn’t the actual weekend given we go to different schools. It was just a great time being able to see a group we both love at a live show! It’s a memory I’ll never forget!” Kristina, Junior

“Okay so this was in 2014. I had gone to a 3-day retreat and got some sort of virus or food poisoning. Valentine’s day was on a Friday, and I was so sick. I didn’t go to school that day so obviously I wasn’t going out. My boyfriend came over to my house with chocolates on Saturday, and we spent it indoors. It wasn’t anything fancy, but it was nice that he came over (with chocolate) and just there with me while I ate soup.” -Daniela, Freshman

“My boyfriend and I always like to keep Valentine’s Day really low key. Last year, I visited my boyfriend at Loyola and we just spent the day together. For dinner, we went to this great Italian restaurant called The Village. It was a super chill day!” –  Clare, Freshman

“Okay so mine might be kind of different, but the year after the guy I was with at the time and I had broken up, I was kind of sad on Valentine’s Day because we had been together the year before. I was sitting at home in my sweatpants when my mom texted me on her way home from work and asked me who my favorite “One Directioner” (as she called it) was. When she came home, she had gotten me a bunch of stuff from Walgreens, like my favorite snacks and candy and yeah, a bunch of One Direction stuff. It totally made my day, because even though I was kind of bummed about being alone, my mom still had my back and we hung out and watched movies that night. Haha so it’s not really conventional, but I always think of that as my best Valentine’s Day!” -Erin, Freshman

“I bought him a carnation and a “Valentune” through a school fundraiser that delivers them the day of Valentine’s Day or like the day before if Valentine’s Day is on a weekend. Valentunes are songs that our chorus goes around singing to the Valentine people wrote down for them to sing to.” -Jazmine, Freshman

That’s just a few of the Valentine’s Day stories I’ve heard and I’m sure there are more adorable stories on campus. Everyone has their own version of what they thought was the best Valentine’s Day whether it was spent with your boyfriend, mom, or friends. What will your 2015 Valentine’s Day be like?

Hi I'm Aeja! Junior at UIC and a Pre Nursing Major. I try to write what inspires me, so I hope you enjoy my articles!
UIC Contributor.