The 8 Best Pizza Places In Chicago

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Do you love pizza? Of course you do. In Chicago, we have our classics like Lou Malnati’s and Giordano’s but there is a great pizza joint in every nook of this city.

1. Chicago Pizza & Oven Grinder

You might have seen this place featured on the Food Network recently. While it may not be considered exactly pizza, it’s a combination of a pot pie and a deep dish pizza. It’s a definitely a must-try!

2. Roots Pizza

Have you ever tried a Quad Cities style pizza? Yeah, neither have I until I found Roots! I was deep dish or die until I tasted the Quad Cities. Make sure to try their mozzarella sticks, they’re as big as your hand!

3. Parlor Pizza Bar

Pizza doesn’t always have to be the standard red sauce and cheese. Parlor Pizza Bar also has really fun names like “Hawaii Pie-O” and “Cheesus, Mary, and Joseph.”

4. The Boiler Room

A Logan Square icon, the Boiler Room has a lot of unique spinoffs from your classic pizza including Thai-inspired, Jamaican-inspired, and mac and cheese. If you’re over 21, they have a daily special called PB & J which includes a slice of pizza, a PBR tallboy, and a shot of Jameson for $8.50

5. Pizzeria da Nella

Pizza from here is probably the closest to authentic you’ll get without leaving the country. The Neapolitan and woodfired slices are to die for and they have a great patio to lounge in during the summer.

6. Eataly

Eataly is not only a place where you can eat, but a place where you can grocery shop, too! They have a restaurant and an Italian marketplace and they offer cooking classes!

7. Pequod’s Pizza

Pequod’s offers a unique element to pizza: a caramelized crust.

8. Dimo’s

Dimo’s is the perfect late-night fare after a night out. In addition to the amazing renditions of pizza such as “Philly cheeseteak” and “s’mores” but they also offer extensive vegan options!

Christiana is a Communications major with a minor in Sociology at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Originally from a very small town in central Illinois, she spends most of her time exploring the city. She enjoys live music, poetry, and cheesy indie comedies. Catch her around campus to talk about the latest in hip-hop releases.