This is What You Need to Know About the Law of Attraction

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Have you ever noticed that when you are thinking positively, good things tend to happen and vice versa? And when good things are happening in your life, they seem to keep happening as long as you are thinking they will? Well, these situations perfectly describe the idea known as the Law of Attraction.

What is the Law of Attraction?

The Law of Attraction is basically the concept that “like attracts like,” so basically by focusing on the positive, you invite positivity into your life. The same goes for negativity as well, which would explain why people go into “downward spirals” in their lives sometimes. This typically ends in hitting “rock bottom.” The key idea behind the law is this: where you place your focus can determine what happens to you.

So what’s the big deal?

The Law of Attraction has become a major trend as people realize more and more the implications that the law can have on their life. Influencers ranging from bloggers to celebrities have not only promoted this idea, but they seem to swear by it. And don’t worry, there are no gimmicks here; this is a real thing, and, as far as I know, it is not being promoted for monetary reasons.

How can the Law of Attraction help me?

To begin implementing this idea into my life, I started by being more aware of how I would react to things happening in my life, both good and bad. Whenever something good would happen, sometimes I would expect something negative to follow, and of course it would. So anytime I would catch myself thinking that way, I would focus on the positive instead and make myself think I am on a roll, which then would become reality.

This seems too easy. Why doesn’t everyone do it?

The idea behind the Law of Attraction has always been around, but now that it has been made into something more concrete that is trending in the media, more people have been open to trying it.

If you are interested in learning more about the Law of Attraction and how you can make it fit into your lifestyle, I would suggest visiting thelawofattraction.com or simply searching “The Law of Attraction.” I highly recommend reading more about it if you have a moment because this concept has undoubtedly changed my life and the way I view everything that happens to me.

Photo credit: livingmindfully.es