Life-Shattering Problems That Can Ruin a Preppy Gal’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

From the wise words of the lovely Lilly Pulitzer, “Style isn’t about what you wear; it’s about how you live.” But what happens when tragedy strikes and your way of life comes crumbling down? Forget breaking a nail. Tragedy strikes when you just chip your fresh gel manicure. Okay, so it may not be the everyday person’s idea of tragedy – but the hearts of all preppy girls are breaking. I present to you 20 preppy gal problems:

1. When you drop your cute Lilly Pulitzer tumbler cup on the ground and the outside plastic cracks.
2. When you accidentally drop your brand new hot pink NARS lipstick on the bathroom floor of Balls in Midtown.
3. When you leave your precious Bubba Keg, which took you six hours to paint, on the woodser bus at the end of the night.
4. When you are wearing your favorite Jack Rogers sandals and it starts raining.
5. When they forget the extra pump of hazelnut in your grande iced coffee at Starbucks.
6. When you need to borrow your friend’s iPhone charger, but they have an iPhone 4 and you have an iPhone 6.
7. When your Kate Spade clutch is so cute, but it can’t fit all of your necessities in it.
8. When your first name starts with the same letter as your last name, so your monogram just looks weird.
9. When your parents don’t give you a middle name so you can’t even have a proper monogram.
10. When you can’t post hot pictures on Instagram because the Wi-Fi on your cruise ship is awful.
11. When you have to drive over an hour to get to a decent shopping mall.
12. When you don’t have a clean frat tank to match your Nike shorts, but they are totally perfect with your brand new Nike sneakers.
13. When you actually decide to run stadiums but forget to post a photo of it on your Snapchat story.
14. When you study abroad in Europe and your host sisters don’t know who Lilly Pulitzer is.
14. When you come back to America and the boys and their outfits aren’t nearly as easy on the eyes as the ones in Europe.
15. When Nordstrom doesn’t have the Tori Burch riding boots you’ve been eyeing for months.
16. When your DVR doesn’t record the season finale of Revenge.
17. When you go to Southwest Recreation Center or Library West and you don’t even see anybody you know… it’s hard to get your makeup to say, “I’m not wearing any makeup.”
18. When there is cover at Cantina, but all you have on you is your pink sparkly debit card.
19. When you overhear somebody diss your favorite celebrity and it’s almost as bad as if they insulted your real-life little sister.
20. When you wake up and you’re not Kate Middleton and not married to a prince.

Just keep calm, preppy sisters; the world will keep turning even if you forget to put on your pearls one morning. After all, there are girls in the world who have never heard of – much less owned – a Ralph Lauren button-down or a Lilly Pulitzer shift. Count your blessings, ladies!