books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

A Freshman’s First College Exam, as told in 20 GIFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

It suddenly dawns on you that your first exam is within a week

and your professor tells you that it’s at night???

So you start diligently planning out an intricate, detailed study schedule to follow leading up to the test

But of course you fall off track after just a couple days…

and before you know it, it’s the day of the exam.

In desperation, you decide to skip your classes to study

You arrive at your testing location on time, but realize that these other kids don’t have names anywhere near yours in the alphabet…

so, you double check your exam room, and realize you’re in the wrong one.

After a mad dash across campus…

you slide into the room, try to get your act together,

and do your best to tackle the exam.

After two hours you slump out of the room feeling horrible

and decide to drown your sorrows with food at the dining hall.

The scores are posted online the next day, and you find out that you didn’t do too bad!

You give yourself a pat on the back…

and vow to prepare better for the next exam!

Antara Sinha is a sophomore journalism/pre-med major at the University of Florida. She is a contributing writer for USA Today College, and this is her third semester as a writer for Her Campus UFL. Her interests include health, science and lifestyle writing, and she plans on pursing medical and science journalism.
Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.