stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Style: Fantastic Ms. Fitness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Who says you can’t sweat in style? Athleisure, the fashion trend currently taking the world by storm, is by no means absent on college campus. In fact, it’s quite the opposite, with hard-core disciples of Lululemon, Gap’s Athleta and Nike stationed at every prominent UF building and dorm.

While I happened to catch this campus cutie on her way to a group fitness class offered at Student Recreation—an excuse some of us can’t use when caught wearing yoga pants outside of the house—what she’s sporting is certainly stylish enough to be praised on its own merit. I mean, casual, comfortable and gym-friendly? Sign me up (for the trend, not the class)!

Keep scrolling for some great advice on how this fearless Zumba and Hip-Hop devotee, Aria Henderson, does it on the regular, and learn how you too can bring your A-game to the local fitness center.

Name: Aria Henderson

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Major: Biomedical Engineering

Her Campus: What are you wearing and where is it from?

Aria Henderson: “I’m currently wearing leggings from Amazon—3 bucks, they’re really cheap and soft!—and a Nike Pro sports bra and Mizuno sneakers.”

HC: How would you describe your style?

AH: “My style is very much about comfort and wearing the basics. I like a lot of solids, and every now and then I throw in a fun print that coordinates with the solids I wear.”

HC: What are your style influencers?

AH: “My style influence would probably be the sales rack wherever!”

HC: What’s your favorite wardrobe piece right now?

AH: “I have a floral print overall dress slash jumper and I wear it with a black T-shirt underneath. It’s just so cute and it’s perfect for slightly dressier occasions or casual stuff. I love it.”

HC: Where do you like to shop?

AH: “Right now, I love H&M. Just dropped tons of money there the other day, but I also really like Target, Forever 21 and pretty much anywhere that will sell cheap, fashionable, nice clothes.”

HC: What’s your favorite season to dress for?

AH: “Probably Spring, because I get to wear more florals and pastels.”

HC: What’s your style advice for Gator gals reading this?

AH: “Stick to yourself! You know what you like and you know what you look good in, so follow what your body and your heart—and your wallet—tells you.”

Anna Burbano is a junior at the University of Florida pursuing a B.A. in English. Alongside minoring in Classical Studies, she harbors a (not so secret) passion for fashion magazines and musical theatre. Most of the time, you’ll find Anna daydreaming about the following things: what life would be like as a Disney princess, meeting lyrical genius Lin-Manuel Miranda, or any number of dashing Jane Austen heroes (especially Northanger Abbey’s Mr. Tilney). Follow her at www.annaburbano.com!