How To: Survive Fall Quarter with the Her Campus Back to School Survival Kit!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Going back to school is hard. We get our sleeping schedules back to normal, we plan to socialize with all the people we haven’t seen all summer, and we tell ourselves we’ll be better students this time around. Of course, most (or all) of these things seem a little far-fetched–but that’s where the Her Campus Back to School Survival Kit comes in! It has all the things you’ll need to relax, keep it together, and look brand new for the school year!

“Adulthood is a Myth” and “The Roommate Book”

Two of the hardest things about being in college are living without your parents and living with your roommates. Whatever problems you come across, you can probably find some comic comfort in these books. And they apply to more than just freshmen–everyone has roommate problems at some point in their college careers, and no one is 100% prepared to be living without their parents at the I-feel-like-I-can-do-anything age of 21.

CamelBak Forge Divide Mug

Got 8AMs? Even if you don’t, this travel mug is perfect for your trek to Campbell Hall, IV Theater, or just about anywhere you have class! It’s super insulated, so it keeps your drink–be it coffee or tea or whatever else you like to drink–warm aaaallllll morning. It’s also leak-proof, so nothing spills onto all your stuff while you’re on the way to class on the bike path. CamelBak has definitely got our backs!

The DivaCup

Ladies, we all know how totally awesome that time of the month is! Can you sense my sarcasm? Make that time of the month a little bit easier with The DivaCup. It’s a reusable, bell-shaped menstrual cup that collects liquid instead of absorbing it. It’s super easy to use, super comfortable, and super long-lasting! You can visit their website to find some more information and tips on how to get the best use out of your DivaCup.

Flying Colors Apparel Koozies

Let’s be real, would we really be UCSB without the occasional drink? Keep it classy with the Flying Colors Apparel Koozies–they accessorize any drink instantly and keep your hands warm while you enjoy that cold drink.

Freeman Beauty Face Masks

Take a breather from studying and get your spa day on with these face masks! Freeman Beauty makes a ton of different clay and peel-off masks that fit every skin type and keep your face feeling clean and fresh. Their products feel good, smell good, and ARE good for your skin! Take some time for yourself and grab one of these face masks. Included masks are the Avocado and Oatmeal Clay Mask, the Cucumber Peel Off Mask, the Charcoal and Black Sugar Polishing Mask, and the Apple Cider Vinegar 4-in-1 Foaming Clay mask.

MONISTAT Complete Care Instant Itch Relief Cream

It’s time for TMI, ladies. When it comes to health things like yeast infections, too many young women don’t know what to do. Don’t panic, turn to MONISTAT. It’s prescription strength without the actual prescription. This #1 Doctor recommended over the counter yeast infection treatment starts curing on contact so you can get better faster. When it comes to your body and your health, you can never have too much information.

Rimmel London

Get the London look with Rimmel London’s makeup line! Their Twenty-Four Hour Super Curler Mascara, Colour Precise Eyeliner, and The Only 1 Lipstick will have your face looking absolutely amazing and not like you only had two hours of sleep last night in your morning lectures.

Wearsafe Tags

Walking (or biking) home alone at night can be scary. If you feel unsafe, you can always call a CSO. But maybe calling a CSO isn’t really your favorite option. There’s also the Wearsafe Tags! They’re discreet, wearable, and easy to use. All you have to do is press the button to let your loved ones know where you are and what your surroundings sound like. It connects to your mobile device and you can communicate with friends and family to decide what help to get, the moment you feel unsafe. You can enter the contest to win an all-expense paid adventure of a lifetime (you pick the trip, they pick up the tab!) on their website!

Have an awesome start of the year collegiettes! HCXO

Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay