5 Easy Ways to Look More Put Together in the Morning

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Sleep deprivation is inevitable in college, and can really do a number on your appearance. Thankfully,  there are five easy ways to achieve the “fully rested” look even when getting eight hours of sleep is impossible. To quote Sadie from Awkward: “You’re welcome.” 

Messy/ Loose Bun.

Let your natural hair flow effortlessly into what others will think you spent a long time doing–a messy bun. Tuck the hair behind your ears, and there you have it. Instant class!

Concealer

Cover up those under-eye bags quickly with concealer. Dab it on and blend it with your finger. That’s right–no brushes needed. My personal favorite is Maybelline Instant Age Rewind.

Mascara

If I could only have one makeup product for the rest of my life, it would be mascara, hands down. Pop on a coat after a quick curl and your sleepy eyes won’t look so sleepy anymore. My favorite is Wet N Wild MegaLength.

Wash your face with cold water

As much as I hate using cold water in the morning, it really helps. If you’re like me, and your face is a little swollen and red in the morning, cold water will reduce the swelling and flush out the color. Then before you know it, you’ll look as fresh as a daisy!

Half-zip sweater

This one is kind of random, but it works! They are so comfortable, and there is something about half-zip sweaters that make you look more put together. Maybe because it has a collar?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!