Ask Annie: Confused and Desperate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Need Advice? Then ask away, it’s totally anonymous. Annie answers not only your relationship advice, but academic, personal, and just about anything! 

Hey,

It all started in July 2012, she was in my class; very conservative didn’t even talk to boys much. I was the active participatory in the class, my friends told me that she doesn’t believe in relationships at school and is very conservative, but I still approached her like a normal guy. We talked a lot in a class and she looked extremely comfortable with me (though her friends kept on hooting her and she knew it but smiled all the time). Then I started chatting her on Facebook a couple of times, but then she started going offline whenever I started messaging her. So, I took a stand and thus started ignoring her too. Now she does give me looks in class at times and I feel confused as to whether I should talk to her or not, as its been 4 months since we’ve been ignoring each other. Please help me with this, if she’s not interested then why does she look me all the time? Or should I talk to her and clear things up because suddenly I’ve realized that I still like her. :p

-Confused and Desperate 

Dear Confused and Desperate,

I honestly can’t fully assess what the girl that you’re crushing on is thinking. I wouldn’t jump right out there and say that she likes you, but I wouldn’t throw out the possibility that she could still be interested. But then again you’ll never know unless you talk to her. So I suggest you do just that! Sometimes we tend to make up scenarios of what things will go like in our head, and spend countless hours over analyzing and trying to pick at someone else’s thoughts. But the truth is, we can’t read minds, and we shouldn’t make assumptions! So if you want to know if this girl is into you, make your true feelings heard. That’s the only way you’ll find out if she likes you as well. So take your own advise and clear things up! It’s better to know the truth then to constantly be wondering “what if”.  

Good Luck,

Annie

Nicole Martinez

UC Riverside

Nicole is a senior at UC Riverside where she is majoring in Media and Culture studies. She co-founded the Her Campus UC Riverside chapter her sophomore year in college. She loves to spend her free time watching The Mindy Project, Girls, Pretty Little Liars, and other shows with leading ladies. She also dabbles on tumblr, instagram (obviwearetheladies), and twitter. Mindy Kailing and Shoshanna are her spirit animals and in the near future she hopes to achieve elite status on Yelp, pursue a career in Public Relations and ultimately conquer the world.