This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

This year, Pantone has declared emerald green the color of 2013. Emerald is a gorgeous color that is flattering for every style and skin tone. Here are a few ways you can incorporate this royal color into your everyday wardrobe:

1. Class 

It’s old news that blazers are the new cardigans. Both functional and fashionable, blazers are an essential in every collegiate’s closet. This year, amp up your wardrobe by replacing the interview-esque blue and black blazers with a brighter option. Be stylish and comfortable for a long day of classes with an emerald green linen blazer. It’s perfect to throw on over a simple black tank or to add a pop of color to a floral dress. Either way, it’ll give you a polished look while still letting you be comfortable and on trend! 

2. Night Out

Keep it simple and classy for your next night out. Whether it’s a dinner with friends or any evening affair, you can never go wrong with an all black outfit. But why not add some bling to take it to the next level? Accessorize with a faux emerald bracelet or some earrings with a hint of green. A little color goes a long way, especially when it’s the color of the year!

3. Internship/work

Long gone are the days where work-appropriate clothing is defined by boring blacks and whites. Show off your professionalism with style and add a punch of color to your office basics. An emerald green blouse with wide-leg trousers and some heels is perfect for a work-appropriate ensemble with a hint of your own fashion flair. 

4. Day of errands

Leave the sweatpants and flip flops at home and get through your busy days while looking stylish! Emerald green skinny jeans are a comfortable and fashionable alternative to an old pair of grey sweats. Pair with a printed shirt or a neutral sweater and you’re good to go for a busy day of errands. Grab a large tote for all your essentials and don your favorite flats. Be prepared to be the best looking one at the grocery store!