Five Fashionable Falls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but religiously follows the new. –Henry David Thoreau-Walden

Think your stumble over a tree branch on inner ring road with your heeled boots or your trip up the stairs in PSLH with your untied shoes caused for a great story? No, we have models on the runways to thank for those! We know that models take extensive lessons on how to walk down the runway, but do they also take lessons on how to fall glamorously? Many of the models that fall on the runway have their 6-inch heels to blame, but they take a second to readjust themselves and continue walking on the slippery battlefield…or stumbling that is. Others find a more reasonable way and walk without their shoes after falling, which can be an alternative to modeling their heels!As a tribute to the Fall 2011 Mercedes Benz Fashion Week: February 10-17, I have compiled a list of the top five runway falls, all very interesting, funny, and unusual! Enjoy and may your next stumble be as glamorous as theirs!

1. Jessica Stam – ChloéFashion Show, Fall 2006.

2. Monika Jagasiak – Herve Leger Fashion Show by Max Azria at the Fall 2009 Fashion Show in NY.

3. Burberry Spring/Summer 2011 Runway.

4. Milana Bogolepova – 2008 Dior Cruise collection show.

5. Christian Siriano Fashion Show at the Fall 2011 Mercedes Benz Fashion Week – Thursday, February 10, 2011.

“The secret of fashion is to surprise and never to disappoint.” – Edward George Bulwer-Lytton

Resham is a senior at the University of California, Irvine, with a major in International Studies and a minor in Cognitive Psychology. She is currently a proud member and Editor of Kappa Alpha Theta as well as Assistant Communications Officer of Panhellenic Association. Resham was born and raised in Los Angeles, CA and now enjoys living in luxurious Orange County, CA while she goes to school. She loves to travel, go to the beach on sunny California days, and search for the best restaurants in town.