This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.
Name: Drew Lassen
Grade: 3rd year
Major: Sociology and Law/Society
Hometown: Concord, CA
Relationship Status: Single

How did you spend your summer?: I play baseball for UC Davis and the team gets sent off to play around the country every summer. I went to Redding last summer, and this year I played in Boise, Idaho for two months. I really liked it there even though I was the only one that went from our Davis team. I spent the rest of my summer just working out and hanging out with friends.

How do you stay involved on campus?: I play baseball for the school, I started playing baseball when I was around four or five years old. I’m also in the Student Athlete Advisory Committee, its for inter-collegiate sports and it’s composed of two representatives from each team. We have meetings and report back to the NCAA and head directory. I also like to box for fun. I’ve been doing it for just over a year. One of my roommates was into it so that’s how I got introduced; it’s more mixed martial arts type stuff.

What is one of your most embarrassing moments?:  During the last seconds of a basketball game my senior year of high school, I got a fast break and decided to try and dunk. I failed real badly and got made fun of from all of my friends for a long time. Thankfully we had already won the game.

What are your plans after college?: I’m unsure of what I want to do after college. I think I might want to get into the FBI. It goes hand in hand with law/society. For my senior project in high school I did some crime scene investigation. I watched ride alongs and I’ve seen some fresh dead bodies.

What is something most people don’t know about you?: I’m a really good cook. I enjoy baking and eating all the goods I make. I’m also a gym rat. A lot of people don’t know I used to have my nipples pierced in high school. Two of my buddies and I got them done together, we had a whole crowd there when we were getting it done. I got them in May senior year of high school and got rid of them October of my freshman year in college. I was afraid to slide into first base so I took them out. I might get them done again later.

Who are your role models?: I look up to my dad because he is the best role model anyone could ask for. He taught me everything I need to do and should do in life; he’s a really hard worker.

A QUICKIE (survey) with the CAMPUS CUTIE
Favorite Sports Team: Oakland Athletics

Childhood Nickname: Drewski

Guilty Pleasure: My mom’s chocolate chip cookies.

I love it when… : Someone scratches my back.

Dream Car: Saleen S7

Favorite Place in Davis: The DC

Favorite Music Artist: I have a lot, but probably Lil Wayne

Blonde or Brunette: Blonde

Three Pet Peeves: People who don’t do their dishes, people who steal stuff out of the fridge in my room, and people who can’t drive correctly.

Boxers or Briefs: Boxer Briefs

Jessica is currently studying Graphic Design and Psychology at UC Davis. She hopes to one day move to New York and work for a fashion or fitness magazine. When she is not dreaming about her life in New York, she is either running, watching shows on hulu, socializing or baking cupcakes. She loves anything that will make her laugh, sunny days  and everything purple!