This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.
Name: Andrew Campbell
Major: Sociology and International Relations
Year: 4th year
Hometown: San Mateo, CA
Relationship Status: Single

What are your plans after this year?: I will hopefully graduate in a quarter or two and continue on to get my MBA in an area of business, preferably sports marketing. I’m looking to get an internship with the Sacramento Kings next year where I would do something with marketing or events just to get my foot in the door.

How do you stay involved on campus?: I was involved in crew my first two years here and rowed all throughout high school. As a result, my back is pretty messed up. I have two bulging discs in my upper back and a slipped disc in my lower back. Now, I’m involved in the Boxing club, UNICEF club and Athlete’s in Action. I also work at the ARC where I was recently selected as the Employee of the Month.

What is your favorite part about Davis?: I enjoy the diversity among my friends and all the people I’ve met. Coming from a high school where everyone is from the same town, Davis is different because people come from all walks of life.

Who do you look up to and why?: I look up to my mom. She’s a special education teacher who cares deeply about the kids. She’s very humble and has a great heart. She likes to help other people and is not selfish at all.

Most Embarrassing Moment:  I have two. The first is my first shift here at the ARC that I didn’t know I was working. It was a Saturday morning and I had been up the night before when my supervisor called to wake me up because I was late. I lasted about 5 minutes into my first rotation in the weight room before I had to call my supervisor to take over for me so I could run to the bathroom. I barely made it into the locker room before I started throwing up in the trashcans in the corner. I was wearing my polo and name tag and all these patrons were looking at me, most of them were older since it was a Saturday morning. Another embarrassing moment took place recently when my friend and I got roofied . I was at Bistro 33 with two of my female friends. We were at the back of the restaurant where no one ever is so, thinking it was safe, we left our drinks unattended for a moment. I think whoever roofied the drinks meant to roofie one of the drinks belonging to the two girls and I must have accidentally taken the wrong drink, because my other friend was fine. When I went to class at 8 am the next morning, I was sweating a lot and didn’t understand why. I didn’t remember much from the night before. I got out of my juvenile delinquency class and just started throwing up all over the Wellman hallway.

What is something most people don’t know about you?: I’m fluent in Spanish. I lived and studied in Costa Rica, Peru, and Spain for about four months each. I went to Peru when I was in high school and to Costa Rica around the age of ten. I had taken Spanish my whole life and my parents wanted to immerse me into the cultures. I think Costa Rica was my favorite. Peru was more on the third-world level. I’ve also been to Germany, France, and Italy.

What’s something you wish you could change about your college career?: I would probably become a Christian earlier. I went to a Catholic high school but I didn’t actually become a Christian until later. I’m pretty active in Athletes in Action.

A QUICKIE (survey) with the Campus Cutie

Britney or Christina: Christina

Favorite Feature in a girl: Heart

Three Pet Peeves: Chewing food with your mouth open,  slamming doors, and when people talk during a movie.

Guilty Pleasure: Millionaire Matchmaker on Bravo

I love it when: I have a home cooked meal.

Favorite Actor: Jeremy Piven and Jane Lynch

Action or Comedy: Comedy

Hip Hop or Country: Country

Celeb Crush: Emmanuelle Chriqui (Sloan from Entourage)

Dream Vacation Spot: Croatia

Ski or Snowboard: Snowboard

And most importantly, Boxers or Briefs: Boxers Briefs

Edited by: Jacquelyn Little

Rachael Brandt is your typical collegiette. Her free time, you'll find her roaming the CoHo, nourishing her hourly caffeine fix or rocking out at the campus rec center in Zumba class. Rachael has interned at Acosta/Salazar PR firm in Sacramento, CA --working with politicians and interest groups to aide their campaigns. She now spends her days working at the Events and Conferencing Center, in hopes of saving up for the many goodies she hopes to acquire while studying abroad next year. After cultivating an obsession for Her Campus, she opened the UC Davis branch, and now serves as campus correspondant.