This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Get excited, there’s a new hang out spot in town! TopGolf is a popular entertainment complex located in several major cities across the nation, and they’ve now landed in Birmingham! 

TopGolf allows you to challenge friends to a fun golf games with no experience required! 

The game is quite simple. You take turns going up to hit your golf ball, which is equipped with a microchip, and the computer does the rest! The microchip is detectable by each of the targets on the field and will help calculate the accuracy of your hit. 

Not into golfing? You can still enjoy the array of foods and beverages offered at the complex! I heard the chicken and waffles are a must-try! 

TopGolf is definitely a great place to hangout with friends or even have a date night. Prices for bays (golfing areas) are by the hour and vary based on the time of day or night you want to golf. Groups of 5-6 can play a full game in about one hour which means you could chip in as little as $6 per person for a fun day downtown! 

We’re super excited to have TopGolf in Birmingham! The complex plans to open in early December. Are you planning on going? 

Tamia is a senior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham majoring in mass communication with a journalism concentration. She is currently serving as one of her chapter's campus correspondents. 
HCUAB