Kung Hei Fat Choi!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Going to school in San Francisco has some incredible perks — one of them being the pockets of culture that coexist only minutes away from each other! You’ve all probably gotten a taste of Chinatown at some point already, but make sure you’re also checking out special events like the Chinese New Year Parade. You’re in one of the most diverse cities in the world, embrace it.

Sara serves as the co-president and publicity director of Her Campus University of San Francisco. She and her floormate, Emily founded the branch after discovering their mutual passion for media and the public sphere. Born and raised among the diversity of Los Angeles, Sara has a passion for cultural and personal backgrounds. She is an Advertising major, but travels whenever possible to broaden her perspective. Before becoming involved with Her Campus, Sara was actively involved with the promotion of social events, fundraisers, and humanitarian projects. She plans to use the skills she gained to reach out to her fellow collegiates. At the moment, Sara is taking in every aspect of San Francisco city life, from bluegrass performances to Greek food festivals. Her greatest loves include running along the coast, snapping photos, and reading old English novels.