Coachella Recap From Your Her Campus Writers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Miss Coachella this year? No worries! A few of team members made it this year for weekend one and two, so we’ll tell you all you need to know about the festival- without the 100 degree heat, bathroom lines, and mosh-pits! Here were our favorite (and not so favorite) parts of both weekends.

Chloe Kwiatowksi and I went to the first weekend- here is her scoop from what she learned as a first-timer:

“In more ways than one, Coachella rocked my world. As a first timer, I had always heard how aMaZzZing it was but going and finding out first hand was more than I had even hoped for. I could go on and on about how crazy awesome the weekend was, is, and will be next year but I’ll skip past the redundant sentiments and get down to the nitty gritty.

A few personal highlights include:
– Realizing that everyone there is there to celebrate a weekend away from real-life responsibilities and that letting go of everything else going on in the world is completely acceptable. It’s just part of gettin’ your Coachella on.
– Finding a DJ that made his set into art I could understand. I can now say I GET electronic music; some of it at least. Thank you SebastiAn!
– Discovering how badass Grace Potter & The Nocturnals are.
– Oh and I almost forgot the FOOD! Gyros, falafel, wraps, nom nom nom

Lowlights, or what I’d like to call learning experiences:
– Getting caught in the rain with nothing but the clothes on my back: a tank top and shorts.
– Wandering around half of the perimeter of the festival grounds for about 45 minutes because of one wrong turn. Memorize your routes!
– Having to pass up some of my favorite artists in favor of others. When Andrew Bird, Laura Marling, AND Manchester Orchestra all play at the same time; a decision has to be made.

You could say this is my weekend in a nutshell but that really doesn’t do it justice. So here’s to the best weekend of the year! Hopefully you’ll experience it for yourself next year!”

Sonia Miller went to the second weekend, and recalls her most memorable show saying, “My favorite performance was St. Vincent because she rocked out, played a great cover, and ended crowd surfing! It was crazy!”

Former Campus Cutie, Maxence Leconte also went to Coachella for the first time- and camped! For those of you considering camping, he says:
“Car camping is a great experience…it makes your weekend a really fun and social time. You meet new people, from all over the world; you share help and tips about your own knowledge of the concert. However, the heavy sun in the morning and the lines for the showers may discourage many people…”

So here is all you need to know if you missed out this year and are thinking of going next year. Coachella is definitely something you should experience at least once in your lifetime. Trust me; it’s worth it all!

Coming across Her Campus as a senior in high school and then leading her very own branch, Emily proudly calls herself the co-president and editor-in-chief of Her Campus University of San Francisco. While Emily has a guilty addiction to shopping, celebrities, and all things "girly" she hopes that she can integrate this into a relatable magazine to the women of her campus. Emily has a slight infatuation for John Krasinski and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. When she's not day dreaming about her future husbands, Emily is participating in many extra curricular activities such as her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta. Emily enjoys good company, good FOOD, and a good ole' television. One of the most recent television series Emily has become a fan of is ABC's Pan Am. If only Pan Am continued to exist, Emily would have seriously considered becoming a stewardess. The success of the branch has yet to blossom. Emily hopes that she can bring Her Campus University of San Francisco to its full potential. In the future, Emily plans studying abroad all over the European continent and pursue her passion of social justice through fashion.