Best Drinks you should make for fling:

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

Whether you’re of age or not, these cocktails/mocktails will be much classier than your shots-and-soda chaser combo. These are perfect for fling, and can be enjoyed sans-alcohol on those days when you know you need to wait it out and recover a little before you can start drinking again. Mixed drinks are key for fling when you need to keep going all day but might not have the highest tolerance. These ones are lighter than beer so you won’t feel (as) gross by the end of the day. Mixed drinks are also good for those of us who choose to / can’t drink because it allows you to feel like you’re participating without it being obvious that you’re not. Mix it up from your boring rum and coke and experiment with these timeless faves:

1.     The Lindzel

–       I’m biased but this one is my signature drink and super easy to make. Mix seltzer (any kind, flavor-less might be easiest though) with 1 individual package of Crystal light (or similar fake sugar filled beverage mix) and vodka. You can get creative with the flavor combos of all 3 ingredients as you wish. The taste of the drink mix plus the bubbles from the seltzer makes the alcohol dangerously tasteless, so beware. This one is especially easy to make on-the-go.

2.     Dirty Shirley’s

–       Everyone’s favorite childhood drink is perfect for Fling. Mix sprite (diet works fine if you’re trying to not over-do it with the sugar) with grenadine syrup and vodka. The traditional Shirley temple is also a great option. You definitely won’t regret the random splurge on a bottle of grenadine

3.     Moscow Mules

–       Most people know and love Moscow mules but it’s definitely worth listing here. Mix Tito’s vodka with gingerbeer and lime juice. If you wanna get really ~classy~ serve it in a copper mug with a lime wedge. Again, super tastey without the vodka as well

4.     Pineapple, lime, and coconut spritzer

–       This one seems complex but is actually really simple to make and super refreshing. Combine coconut water, lime juice and pineapple juice in a pitcher; before serving, add club soda, rum, and optionally garnish with a slice of pineapple

5.     Mimosas

–       Perfect for an early morning pregame, mix champagne and orange juice to make this standard go-to drink. If you want to get fancy with it, garnish with cherries, strawberries, or maybe some of that leftover grenadine from your dirty shirley’s.