Sh*t Fashion Girls are tired of Hearing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

As a fashionista, you learn to accept that sometimes sacrifices need to be made for the greater good. Be it living off of instant noodles for three weeks in order to purchase your dream leather jacket, lining up for hours at a flash sale, or teetering around in heels freezing in -30 degree weather (fashion pities no one). Although we all understand this, sometimes, the people around us or those we meet don’t. So here’s some sh*t fashion girls are tired of hearing.

“Aren’t you cold in that?” 

Knowing how fabulous I look keeps me warm.

“That is so last season”

And I still look good? Damn. 

(Insert colour) “is the new black”

Nothing will replace black… EVER.

“Why are you so dressed up?”

It is always better to be overdressed than underdressed and lookin’ like a mess.

“You paid HOW MUCH for that bag?!”

It’s called “quality” and it’s worth every dollar.

“Wow, don’t your feet hurt?”

Why don’t we discuss how amazingly long my legs look in these heels instead?

“She’s wearing CHANNEL

It’s pronounced CHANEL!

So there you have it, 7 things people always say to fashion-savvy ladies! Of course there will always be more, but next time you see one of us fashionistas looking #flawless in these streets, please heed the wise words of Miss Naomi Campbell:

Credits: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Hi there! I am Bolu Erinoso, currently a 4th year Communications student obsessed with all things media, fashion, and beauty related. I love to read, write and recently started a personal style website at www.whimsicalsoles.com with my fellow HerCampus writer Nancy.