This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

With the rise of swipe based dating apps, it’s becoming harder and harder to get noticed in the dating community. Here’s my Tinder profile and how I use it to my advantage.

Start strong.
Give us your best selfie. Make sure you look extra hot. This will be your front runner. You need to grab enough attention with your first photo to get them to look through the rest of your profile.

Make a funny and interesting bio. Don’t tell me you’re funny; prove it in your bio. Don’t simply tell me a joke; tell me about your beautiful hilarious self in a beautiful and hilarious way.

Get a dog. Everyone loves dogs. Post pictures of you and your dog and you will get automatic likes.

Don’t tell me about your interests; show me! Use the pictures to your advantage. Don’t just tell me about your love of baked goods; show me a picture of you in a bakery.

Provide a conversation starter. Getting a right swipe is step one, but they still need to get a conversation going. Leave something to the imagination, or post a picture that can seemingly have no explanation. Give them something to ask about.

Have fun with it. Post pictures of you having fun. Let them know how great of a person you are.

Happy swiping!

All photos have been taken from the author’s Tinder profile

Hello and Welcome to my profile! I am a second year Psychology student at uOttawa as well as a first year writer for the HCuOttawa chapter.