Campus Cutie: Christine Martel-Fleming ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Name:  Christine Martel-Fleming

Program: International Development & Globalization

Year of graduation: May 2014

Favorite spot in Ottawa: El Camino’s! I could actually eat there every night. They have the best tacos and guacamole and chips in the city.

Fun Fact about yourself: I am obsessed with Chinese culture and politics. I hope to do my masters in Hong Kong in September.

Who is your Celebrity Crush?Harvey Specter from Suits! He makes me want to be a lawyer!

Are you involved in any extracurricular activities?I have been involved the past couple of years with the PIDSSA student federation. I volunteered with international development week and was a 101 guide for three years.

Where can we find you on a Saturday night?

Relaxing with friends over drinks.

What was your best memory at University so far?That is a tough question! I wouldn’t be able to pick one but I am definitely really glad that I got involved in school and attended different events. It gives you an opportunity to meet a ton of students from different faculties across campus. I don’t think my university experience would have been as fun if I hadn’t made this choice.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? I spent a couple months last year living in China. It was difficult at first to adjust to the culture shock but I met some of the coolest people and I can’t wait to return.

What are your future goals and aspirations?My future aspiration is to travel all over the world. I love Ottawa and I will probably move back here one day but I am excited for new sights and experiences.

An environmental enthusiast with a passion for travel, organics and individual style! Blog - inspiringolivia.wordpress.com Instagram @inspiringolivia Twitter - inspiringolivia