This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

If you are the queen of last-minute like I am, then this article is for you.

Forgot about that Halloween party you were invited to? Or maybe you were just too busy to really think about a costume? Or, like most of us, you just don’t have the cash to spend on an elaborate costume this year.

Either way, you’re in need of a great look to rock this Halloween. Start searching through your closet (and maybe even your best friend’s). 

1. Zombie

All you need is an old t-shirt and some jeans. Carefully tear your shirt with some scissors. Ripped jeans would be great too, but they’re not totally necessary if you don’t want to destroy a nice pair of pants!

Now, take some hairspray and go wild with your hair. The bigger, the better. If you really want to go all out, get some dark purple eye shadow and lightly brush it under your eyes for an ‘I haven’t actually slept in 50 years’ look. Voila! The Walking Dead producers will be calling you shortly.

2. Punk-rocker

To look like you just came from your headlining tour you’re going to need some black skinnies. Leggings work too! Pick an off-the-shoulder top with some color to make this look. For your shoes, some nice combat boots to get that grunge look.

Now you should leave you hair down, maybe a little disheveled to give yourself that fresh-off-the-stage feel. After that you’re going to need some black eyeliner. The best accessory for this ensemble is a flannel (preferably red) tied around your waist. Now you’re ready to take on the world!

3. Pin-up girl

There are two great ways to get the pin-up girl look! The first is to get some black leggings and a corset top (if you can’t get your hands on a corset top, a nice flowing dress works just as well). Definitely grab some heels to make you (and your legs) look amazing.

The makeup for this Halloween look should be simple, but you absolutely need to have red lips and some sharp-winged eyes! You have options for your pin-up hair: curl it and let it flow, or pull it up into a bun with a bandana. Either way, you’re going to be one beautiful pin-up!

4. Risky Business

This costume is iconic at Halloween parties, and also very simple! All you need is your best guy friend’s button-up shirt, a pair of white knee-high socks, some black glasses and you are ready to go! Since you’ll probably be doing some walking, you can wear white shoes.

Don’t do any crazy makeup, just leave your hair down so you are ready to rock at any moment.

5. Hippie

Halloween is so scary we really need people to spread some peace and love, right? To be a hippie you need a groovy tie-dye shirt and any bell bottoms you can find.

You can have so many accessories for this look: bead bracelets, peace sign anything, some cool glasses, a headband. You’re going to be the most psychedelic person at the Halloween party. For this look it’s better to go au natural with the makeup, and your hair can be as free as you are, my funky friend.

6. Cowgirl

Let’s be real, who doesn’t want to be a cute cowgirl for Halloween? To get this Western look you really need a flannel shirt, any color will suffice! For pants I suggest jeans (maybe even jean shorts if the weather allows it). If you can get your hands on a pair of cowboy boots, then hats off to you. If you can’t, any tall boots will look great.

You can wear a cowboy hat and even get yourself a red bandana to tie around your neck. Again, don’t do any crazy makeup or hair, just play up your natural beauty.

Happy Halloween Collegiettes, stay spooky!

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

My name is Siobhan and if you can pronounce that on your first try, then we're friends already. I'm a Sophomore at Umass Amherst with a major in Communications! I spend my days hanging out with my friends and jamming to awesome music.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst