This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

There are few things in this world that I am more obsessed with than Beyonce (…is there anything else?). While most of my friends think that I am crazy, to put it lightly, I think most of us will agree that Beyonce is the epitome of a successful, powerful, woman. Now, who doesn’t strive to be like that? Although you may not name your car after her daughter (Baby Blue, my blue Volvo) or make your profile picture on Facebook an image of you pretending to be her (see above), all collegiettes™ can learn a little something from my beloved Queen Bee. Buzz, buzz, ladies…

YOU Run the World

My persuasion can build a nation. Endless power, with our love we can devour (Run the World)

Be Your Own Best Friend

Me, myself, and I is all I got and in the end, that’s what I found out (Me, Myself, and I)

Be Independent

Tell me what you think about me, I buy my own diamonds and I buy my own rings (Independent Woman)

Work With What You Got

If you got it, flaunt it, boy I know you want it (Check On It)

No Bug-a-Boos, Only Jay-Zs

‘Cause you a bug-a-boo. You buggin what? You buggin who? You buggin me! and don’t you see it ain’t cool (Bug-A-Boo)

If He Isn’t Committing, He Can Be Replaced

I can have another you by tomorrow, so don’t you ever for a second get to thinking you’re irreplaceable (Irreplaceable)

Have Confidence in Yourself

I know the world and I know who I am, ‘bout time I show it (Grown Woman)

Be a Go Getter

Diva is a female version of a hustla (Diva)

It’s Okay to Be a Little Crazy…In Love

‘Cuz I know I don’t understand, 
just how your love can do what no one else can (Crazy In Love)

Don’t Take Anyone’s $h*t

Disrespect us, no they won’t (Run the World)

Always Be There For Your Girls

I’m your girl, you’re my girl, we your girls. Don’t you know that we love ya (Girl)

Sometimes All You Need is a Little Hair Flip

Stop, I ain’t ready yet. Wait, let me fix my hair (Freakum Dress)

Or a Strut

They love the way I walk, ‘cause I walk with a vengeance (Grown Woman)

Dancing Makes Any Night Better

I ain’t worried, doin’ me tonight. A little sweat ain’t never hurt nobody (Get Me Bodied)

Make Your Own Decisions

I’m a grown woman, I can do whatever I want (Grown Woman)

…When In Doubt, Just Be Beyonce

I know you read the paper, the one that they call a queen (Diva)

Although we may wish (a lot), we will never be Beyonce, but we can learn from her example. If you’re ever feeling down on yourself, just ask “What Would Beyonce Do?”

Rachel Annese

U Mass Amherst

A junior at UMass Amherst who enjoys all things Beyonce, singing in the shower, and spending endless nights watching The Office.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst